Wednesday, April 16, 2008

17th Birthday

17th birthday huh?
My thoughts on this birthday is erm..
very strange.

I didnt even see it coming.
U usually actually start anticipating ur birthday
as early as a month before it.
But i kinda forgotten about this one
until only the day before.
I guess it had been overshadowed by the coming of poly.

Even today, most of the time, i didnt spend the day
as if it was special.
Didnt even think about it.
Only got reminded about it here and there
when ppl sent me IMs or friendster comments
which i checked on campus.

Thn for the second half of the day,
i was too busy being high and cheering for EE
for the inter school telematch.

Going home dat time, Shahril reminded my OG
dat it was my bday and they proceded to give me a bday bash.
Only then did i REALLY realize,
"Yea, today really is my birthday"

Kinda odd.
Made me remember the good times in sec school too.
When we "bashed" ppl on their bdays.
And all the stuff we did together came on my mind after dat la.
Miss sec school.

But anyway,
I realise that 16th of April has been a very impt day
in years of the past.

For example, the term "Cold War"
was first coined by Bernard Bauch, on this day,
referring to the tensions between the Soviet Union
and the United States some time back.

Not forgetting,
the Virginia Tech massacre
which involved a gunman killing 32 people
and severely injuring 23 others before committing suicide.
A moment of silence for the victims please.

Well, but i guess everyday of the year
has its significance.
Not only is the 16th of April special.

Anyway, i really feel no significance in my 17th birthday.
Somehow its the "even number" birthdays dat are more celebrated.
Face it, turning 14, 16 and 18
is much cooler than turning 13, 15 and 17 rite?
Of course, 21 wud be an exception.
Come to think of it, wud i be celebrating
my 21st birthday in an Army camp?

Dat is all for my birthday post then.
Thnx to all who greeted me a happy bday.
I do feel happy at the end of today, i realize.

I dedicate this song to you guys,
which is, Realize by Colbie Caillat



0 comments: