Sunday, August 20, 2006

First of all. I wasnt in so much of a good mood.
Countless mosquito bites caused a serious lack of sleep last night.
I went to bed at 11. Rolled in bed (in reality a mattress) until 1.30 before truly falling asleep. On top of it all, i woke up at 9am knowing that there was a wedding to attend. Those that are really not of ur problem but u are forced to go to because you are SOMEHOW related.


It was going to be a long MRT ride. Even before reaching Tiong Bahru Station, i quarelled with my parents and refused to talk to them for the rest of the journey, always sitting or standing or walking at a distance. In a sense, showing attitude. It was kind of dumb, considering the reason i did it for.


But God wanted to show me something. A few stations before reaching Jurong East Station, a decent looking boy entered the door in front of me. He looked cautious and seemed to look at someone/thing else before he entered. Wadever it was, he went on to lean against the wall opposite of me.


5 minutes later, a middle aged man, casually dressed, along with a little girl, smaller than the boy, walked past me and approached the boy. It didnt take me too long to realize the similarity between the boy and I. We were both avoiding our parents. This boy's story though, would have an even tragic ending.


In the middle of the train (actually at the last section) he got scolded by his father. His sister obediently looking at him. Dozens of ppl watched. The degree of anger from his dad, i would rate 4/5. He wasnt so loud. It was loud enough for at least 2 sections of the train to hear. I think he did the right thing. He didnt say anything that would insult his son, onli knocking some sense in him. Telling him the reality and consequences of wad he was doing or wad he was going to do. The son and the daughter onli stared out of the window. Without a doubt, they were deep in reflection.


So wad really happened was that probably, he had a conflict with his father and decided to do things himself. Sounded too familiar to me. The scolding went on for a few mintues until the father himself, left his children alone to think, especially the son. They then alighted at Jurong East.


There were mixed reactions. An Ah Pek in front of me didnt wanna be part of the scene and moved away. A couple was probably whispering to each other on their future as parents. Some aunties were giggling here and there. As for me, i was looking cool, listening to my MP3 player. Secretly, I had paused the music to listen to the drama.

I realized that wad happened just now, would have happened to me if my father had been less patient. Fortunately enough, he understands that i too need some personal space and a time to be alone and think. God is merciful enough to let me learn my lesson in an embarrassing moment dat did not focus on me.


DEEP IN REFLECTION

0 comments: