Friday, February 13, 2009

Hey people.
Just an update on what's been happening.

School ended
and today onwards is effectively my so called study week.
First paper on the 20th, second on the 21st,
and last one on the 27th.
I did not wish for the long gap between 2nd and last paper.
Not the best timing cuz it leaves me with a maximum
of 3 days to prepare for my long long trip to China.
Would have liked it if this year had a 29th to its February.

But anyway, I will be flying off to China
on the 2nd or the 3rd of March.
The whole programme lasts for more or less, 43 days,
so i will only be back at ard 12th to 13th April,
again just leaving me one week til school reopens.

So from here onwards, it will be something like;
study for end of semester exams,
thn straight away fly off to China
and study there for 6 weeks,
rest for 1 week,
and school reopens.

43 days is awfully long but its the main reason
why i chose to sign up for this programme.
To immerse myself in a different culture and society,
and experience things dat i cant experience as a normal tourist.

Though i must admit, part of me actually
wanted the whole thing to get canceled.
All because i will be missing this years NCC Annual Camp.
Would love to attend it.
That, plus all the soccer with SBU.

So this is what u call opportunity cost huh?

Nonetheless, i'm still motivated and excited
on going ahead with this immersion programme.
Over there i'll have lots of time;
something which i surprisingly lack at home.
I'll finally be able to run and exercise regularly,
watch anime and movies,
write a journal, many more.

I dont expect myself to be adapting so easily though.
I reckon it will take some time,
but i guess im up for it.
While im there, i'll probably open up a new blog
just for my daily entries about life in China.
Someone remind me to do that please.

I probably shud get back to watching Family Guy,
which i do so in order to distract myself from studying.

"Chris, everything i say is a lie.
Except that.
And that.
And that And that And that And that And that.
...
..
And that."


Chris (who is dying): Hey dad, i can see a white light at the end of a long tunnel..

Peter: Oh thats great son, light is good. Run towards the light!


Thats good stuff..

0 comments: