Monday, March 03, 2008

trip to the library

Today, i was pretty much amazed by
the shit load amount of things u can learn
and information u can gain by visiting the library.
Of course, there was a fair share
of studious and cute looking chicks.

In my whole teenage life,
i've never visited the library for the purpose
of researching cuz the Internet
was my partner for that.
Only been to the library to study for major exams.

Today, since i had nth to do at home,
i went to Bukit Merah's library.
Since i'm now posted to Electrical Engineering,
i'm gonna have to face Physics,
something i've never studied before,
Engineering Maths, which is pretty much A.Maths,
also something i didnt take,
and stuff like Computer Programming.

And so i picked up the book,
"The Complete Guide to Physics for Dummies"
i had a hard time choosing between the one for Dummies
and the one for Idiots
cuz i didnt really know which one i was.
But looking into both books, i found the one for Dummies
more interesting, and therefore denied myself
from being an idiot.
I sat down and amazingly read for 1 hour.
It was quite a good read on the Electricity chapters.
I hvnt really got the facts memorized,
but i hope i will soon.

Before leaving, i read a Japanese phrase book
in order to improve my already
beginner-level Japanese language prowess,
which is thnx to my 3 years of watching anime.

Soon enough, i was on my way home, but not before
stopping by NTUC to get myself some chocolate.
I knew very well that i wud meet Eugene and Yong Li over there.
True enough, after just a few seconds i saw Gene,
who told me that Yong Li was upstairs.
And so we went to visit him.

It was a sight to behold.
Yong Li was stationed at a counter just in front the escalator,
in a way that when one is reaching the 2nd floor,
by the escalator,
one would slowly see the emerging sight of Ng Yong Li,
scanning items, pushing buttons and giving receipts.
Yong Li spotted me and waved from afar.

I went to buy Hersheys,
paying for them at Yong Li's counter.
I stayed for awhile to talk about his JAE posting
which was delayed due to his special appeal.
At this moment, he was cheated 5 cents
from an old lady,
whose items totaled up to $5.05 but only gave $5.

I didnt have time for fear of a downpour,
so i went back home.
Realized that the enrolment package had arrived.
It seems like a very confusing process to enrol.
Nonetheless, i'll be sure to read everything properly tmr..

0 comments: