Sunday, September 13, 2009


There this place called Hillock
or what we commonly refer to as Purmei,
where we always play soccer during the holidays,
3 times a week,
9am to 12pm,
without fail, and undisturbed.

You can trust dat we will be there.
We, referring to the guys of GESS intake 04.

I always anticipated that it wud be
slightly more difficult to plan such sessions
during this holiday break,
since a handful of us are preparing for A levels,
and have to attend school anyways.

Then i learned that Rahim and Wai Leong
would be going for internships as well.

By right, we still have just enough ppl to play,
but for some reason they locked the place up.

You have to book it 3 days in advance,
pay $20 per hour,
and also hand in a deposit of $50.

We play for as long as 3 hours and sometimes even 4.
So thats $80, divide by 10 ppl,
which is the amount of ppl we usually at least have,
thats 8 bucks to play for a day;
just a normal day, which used to be able to enjoy for free.

I dont even know where ur supposed to
go to book it.
The notice was very "detailed".
And even if i wanted to book, i dont have that much
money to pay for the cost and deposit up front.
So, sorry guys, i just dont have the motivation
to organize for our favorite past time anymore.

This development has been such a
big middle finger up on my face,
that i'm simply just demoralised.

In an attempt to end this post on a happier note,
so that i dont emo when i re-read it after publishing,
lets have some KPOP! ^^

These 3 videos appeared in my subscription box today.
They're pretty much random things,
but they're all wad makes me like following KPOP so much.


First up, KARA in a baseball match



notice the "butt-dance" that makes the crowd roar
at 0:34.
Its a dance that's become really popular,
coming from their song, Mister.



butt dance starts at 0:11
I admit, it does gain some of my attention.


Next up is the ever so popular, SNSD!
I think its a commercial.
It probably is.



Jessica's looking pretty awesome here.
Jessica was nowhere near being my favourite member
until recently, she's pretty much been the "it" girl.
And she has gained my attention as well.


Im very excited to introduce to you the last group,
because they're my 2nd favourite girl group,
behind 2NE1.
Just in case u dont know, I like SNSD and Kara and all,
(as in they're great eye candies and entertainers and all)
but music wise, they're nt dat appealing to me.
On the other hand, Brown Eyed Girls'
music in my opinion is one of the best among girl groups.

Here's BEG in a Public Transport Campaign ad.



They had to undergo lots of changes
from their previous style,
in order to transform to the sexy BEG that they are today.



Their "arrogant dance" in which they
cross their arms and sway their hips
is also very popular now.
I always end up being very happy
after watching this video.


My point is, not only do these Korean artists
appear in one medium of the entertainment industry,
they appear in variety shows,
commercials,
environmental campaigns,
sports broadcasts, and many more.

I just love the interactivity of the industry.


0 comments: