Saturday, September 12, 2009

sending Chloe off the 2nd time


Went to Changi Airport to send
Chloe off to the States for the 2nd time.
Didnt really mind the long MRT ride
since i kinda like being at the airport.

Chloe had a lengthy stay here in SG
and im glad we all went out as a class (former)
together on a few occasions.

Quite a few ppl went overseas to study.
Sure, they have family or relatives
ready to receive and live with them on the other side,
but still, the idea of leaving ur home
and staying in a foreign land
for a long period of time scares me.

I lived in China for 6 weeks.
My experience there was pleasant but
all around me there were friends who supported me.
It just felt like bringing my Singapore
classroom over to China.

What Chloe, Boon Long, Sebas and others do, is different.
Apart from family, no1 else accompanies them,
and they have to start anew.
If there comes a day that i too have to
put myself out of my comfort zone
and adapt to a totally alien environment,
would i be able to succeed as they have?

I slept for the best part of the 2 HOUR
journey home.
But when i was awake, this was wad i was thinking of.



0 comments: